Say no to boring jewellery
No hoity toity salespeople trying to sell you the biggest, blingiest diamond your budget can handle.
No generic, off-the-shelf engagement rings
No “shoulds” and “should nots” when it comes to your special piece.
Because in jewellery – just as in life – there are no rules
As featured in
This is jewellery that speaks to your values around individuality, sustainability and love
Let’s start with your story
What meaningful symbols, special memories or quirky inside jokes can you incorporate into your design? Instead of starting with “what size diamond do you want?” we might ask about what makes you happy, colours that move you, or your favourite people in the world.
Infuse your values
Your jewellery doesn’t have to be soulless and it certainly doesn’t have to look like everyone else’s. It can speak to your values around individuality, sustainability and love with an ethically sourced gemstone in a one-of-a-kind, storytelling design.
And create something different
In jewellery – just as in life – there are no rules. We’ll translate your story, find its sparkle and turn it into a highly personalised keepsake.
We do this in a way that makes the design process easy, fun and stress-free.
We love it when you ask questions, even ones you think are ridiculous (hint: they’re not).
Our happy place is chatting jewellery and sketching designs over a cup of coffee.
By the end of the first catch up, we usually have a good idea of the direction of your piece.
- After Fairina remodeled a pair of gold and diamond earrings into a proposal ring for us, we knew she had to craft and make our wedding bands. We had a pretty unique brief. My husband's band was to incorporate his father’s gold wedding ring and mine had to compliment an art deco style engagement ring. Fairina allowed us to talk through what we envisioned and she helped refine and elevate the design and sketched perfectly in our first meeting exactly what we wanted. Fairina was wonderful to deal with and It was a pleasure working with her in this creative and personal process. The rings are perfect and we love them!Jenny NgoSydney, Australia
- Fairina is incredible! As soon as I made contact with her I knew she was the one I wanted to make an engagement ring for my partner. I had no idea about jewellery or what I was doing, and she made an initially overwhelming process so easy, and fun. She guided me through the process, providing updates as she worked her magic, and created a gorgeous ring that my fiancé absolutely loves. I honestly can’t recommend Fairina enough!Sheridynn WearingSydney, Australia
- I was looking for a moonstone bracelet. I found Fairina on Etsy and the reviews were fantastic so I sent an e-mail. Not really expecting an answer. Imagine my surprise when I instantly got a reply back. Right then and there a fantastic journey began. To be a part of the process from beginning to end is amazing. I got regular updates on the progress. Pictures, videos and also sneak peeks on Facebook and Instagram. It doesn't get more exciting than that! Like a little child waiting for Santa Claus 😉 The delivery to Sweden was fast and the bracelet....the bracelet is breathtaking. Perfectly handcrafted, beautiful, delicate and precious. I love it! Thanks Fairina!Camilla BengtssonHöllviken, Sweden
- Fairina has been amazing throughout the whole journey. I didn't want to talk to some big-name jewellery shop where there was no story, no meaning or passion behind the ring. It ended up being so good that I ended up making two rings - one for my now fiancé and also my mum! 🙂 Fairina's very involved process is awesome. I loved this whole process, because it made me feel like an architect behind the final product, and so once you hand it over to your special person, you have meaning and reason to discuss over every little decision you made to create their special ring. Other than that, Fairina is so easy to work with - has a great easy-going personality and always has a smile! Would highly recommend Fairina for anyone who is thinking of making a special ring for their special someone where there is a bit of love, time and meaning that is put in.Divij MehraSydney, Australia
- I approached Fairina back in July to design and fabricate an engagement ring for my partner (now fiancée!). The service that she provided was exceptional - guiding me through the whole process from initial consultation and concept sketches through to hand-selecting diamonds and eventual fabrication of the ring. It was important to me that the ring was unique and different to anything you could expect to buy at your average jewelry store - the final piece communicates this perfectly and is better than I could have ever imagined. Fairina is highly talented, passionate about what she does and extremely easy to work with. We look forward to getting in touch with her again soon to prepare some wedding bands for us. Overall, I highly recommended contacting Fairina if you are considering an engagement ring or any other form of jewelry.Toby PiperSydney, Australia
- Fairina! The rings arrived!!!!!! And they are ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!! I resisted looking at the wedding band for approximately 30 seconds! And it is so special! Can’t wait to wear it with the engagement ring! You are a super talented person and I am so grateful to have come across you somehow! I don’t know if there is a more ultra patient and super understanding person in the world! I adore the rings. The stone is so much more complex than I expected. Every single time I look at it it looks different and so sparkly! Who wants diamonds when sapphires are so full of personality! Thanks again for making the process so special and easy. I really look forward to having more pieces made by you!Nell JeandetMelbourne, Australia
Eco-friendly, EarringsLike studs, but a little more glam. These blackened sterling silver and 18ct gold earrings drop slightly off the ears and transition seamlessly from a day at the office to a stylish night out. Both the silver and gold used to create these earrings are reclaimed from pre-loved jewels, melted and reformed into new pieces that continue their story. Earring posts are individually hardened for extra strength and durability. The oxidisation is removed from the posts so they are suitable to wear in healed piercings. Feeling bold? Wear the Trinkets long drop earrings on one side for an asymmetric, mismatched look. Dimensions Earrings: Approximately 18 x 18mm Granules: Up to 2.5mm in diameter Processing time Each pair of Trinkets earrings is made to order. Please allow 3 to 5 working days (excluding shipping) for them to be created. © Fairina Cheng$315.00$315.00
RingsThis trilliant cut rhodolite garnet ring is part of the Isla collection, a range of hand carved, freeform rings that celebrate the subtle quirks and imperfections that make us who we are. With its smooth rounded curves, this ring is designed for comfort and is almost effortless to wear. Perfect stacked with other Isla rings or worn solo. Because rhodolite garnet is a natural stone, the intensity of the colour may vary. Each and every gemstone is hand picked for maximum brightness. Isla rings can be custom made in a range of different shapes and stunning unique gems. Enquire about a custom Isla ring here. Need help finding your ring size? Check out the ring sizing guide. Dimensions Gemstone: 5mm Setting: 7mm Band: 4mm Processing time Each Isla ring is made to order in your size. Please allow 3 to 10 working days (excluding shipping) for it to be created. © Fairina Cheng$315.00$315.00
EarringsThese sterling silver stud earrings are born from travel stories and wanderlust. Crafted in solid sterling silver, their simple, geometric shape tells of tales scrawled in well-worn journals and postcards sent from across the seas. Much like their owner, they are happiest when travelling the world. Quality is paramount, so each stud is polished to a perfect shine. Earring posts are individually hardened for strength and durability. Dimensions Approximately 5.5mm by 8mm Processing time Each pair of Paper Plane earrings is made to order. Please allow 3 to 5 working days (excluding shipping) for them to be created. © Fairina Cheng$149.00$149.00
BraceletsAs November's (and in some charts, December's) birthstone, this light blue topaz bracelet makes a great gift for birthdays or special occasions. Because this is a natural stone, the intensity of the colour may vary. Each and every gemstone is hand picked for maximum brightness. Hint: For a special touch, personalise with one or more engraved silver bracelet tags. Dimensions Gemstone: 4.5mm Setting: 5.5mm Chain thickness: 1.7mm thick Bracelet length: Select your bracelet length below (if you’re unsure, ‘Standard’ fits most people and is usually the way to go!) Processing time These bracelets are handmade to order, which means they can be crafted just how you want them. Please allow 5 to 10 working days (excluding shipping) for this little gem to be created. © Fairina Cheng$199.00$199.00
Stories from the studio
A wedding is a significant occasion, and so too is the way we choose to mark it. In recent years, more than ever, couples are thinking about their impact on the planet and choosing greener options. If you’ve ever wondered how you can organise a more sustainable wedding, read on.
It’s hard to imagine your mum as a rule breaker. Especially when she’s spent your whole life making rules and suggesting you follow them. But here’s when I realised I have a pretty impressive mumma.
Let’s face it – a big wedding often comes with big bucks. Here are 6 alternative things you might consider spending up on to celebrate your big day, your way.