This is your chance to create something special.
A Fairina Cheng ring is for those who want more than a flashy piece of bling on their finger. We specialise in alternative engagement rings for those who value the stories behind their jewellery just as much as the sparkle of a hand-selected gem.
A Fairina Cheng piece is for you if you want a ring that tells your shared story, in the way that only you can tell it.
We’re for those who forge their own path and don’t care about other people’s “perfect”.
We don’t believe that the value of your ring is defined by diamond size and dollars. We believe in standing out, not following the crowd. So if you want something unconventional, quirky and wildly different, we’ll be the first to say “go for it”!
The pieces we love to create are delightfully bold and intensely personal. They may not be what everyone else expects. But they’re authentic and meaningful and that’s all that matters!
Book your free consult to see how you can turn your ideas into a story-worthy engagement ring.BOOK YOUR FREE CONSULT
Looking to propose without spoiling the surprise?
Check out our top tips for planning an amazing secret proposal!
How to propose to your anti-diamond girl
Not every girl is looking to flaunt a flashy solitaire diamond. Here’s how you can bust the engagement ring status quo and create an alternative engagement ring that tells her story. Read the full story.
Designing an engagement ring: Where the @#$% do I start!
So you’ve decided to propose. But when it comes to next steps, there seem to be too many to count! Here’s how you can break the rules and create a custom engagement ring that was designed by you, for no one else but her. Read the full story.
How to find her ring size (without spoiling the big surprise)
One of the most common issues I’m faced with when designing an engagement ring is finding the ring size without giving away the upcoming proposal! Don’t worry, it’s possible. And this is how. Read the full story.
Book a personalised phone consultation and we’ll talk through your ideas and answer your questions. Jewellery consultations are a great way to get a feel of what inspires you and establish a direction for your special piece. Click below to reserve your spot!
Your design may be inspired by a moment in your shared history. Or have a hidden feature that only you know about. Whatever that may be, it will tell a unique story that you and your partner can call yours.
A real life fairytale engagement
Serial entrepreneur, Dan Norris, wanted an alternative ring that told a story. And not just any story – a fairytale. So he wrote an epic storybook proposal that captured their journey from the time they met to that spectacular moment he popped the question! Read the full story.
A truly unique engagement ring
Jana wasn’t interested in the traditional bling and wasn’t looking to flaunt a flashy solitaire. Instead, she wanted an unconventional engagement ring that was uniquely hers, inspired by the works of her favourite Austrian artist, Friedensreich Hundertwasser. Read the full story.
A ring with a fishy little secret
Tom wanted an engagement ring and his requirements were pretty flexible. It should be in white gold, the stone should be green… oh and “can you put a fish on it?”. This project sparked the story of The Fish Ring, one of our favourite untraditional engagement ring designs. Read the full story.
- "Fairina was great to work with! Going into the process of designing our wedding rings, we had little to no idea what we wanted and she guided us through the process and how we could combine different ideas. Fairina also handled any concerns really well and was super pro-active. Fairina made sure we were always 100% satisfied and is generally an awesome personality – you'll enjoy meeting her, so don't hesitate."Ben WirtzSydney, Australia
- "Someone like Ali couldn’t have an off the shelf engagement ring. You were amazing and we ended up getting everything we could have possibly imagined. She loves the ring. She’s showed pretty much every person she’s seen ranging from our close friends and family, to the camping ground operator in the Hunter Valley. She’s still showing everyone and reading the little story to them and showing them the pages now, two weeks on. Everyone loves it and can’t believe how much thought and effort and design went into it.”Dan NorrisGold Coast, Australia
- "Fairina offered superb customer service and design skills that were second to none. She helped me through a number of design iterations, taking my abstract concepts and words and creating something beautiful and everlasting. We could not be more happy with the end product, which will be treasured forever."Brendan RigbyMelbourne, Australia
- "Fairina was simply brilliant in all aspects - from the initial consultation, to the on-going discussions, sourcing the relevant gems and of course the final product. I couldn’t be happier! It was not easy having to do this while I was based in Singapore and she was in Sydney. But Fairina talked me through every stage of the process, providing customised advice, and keeping me up to date on her progress. Her level of customization based on our needs was simply amazing - she left no stone unturned (no pun intended). I am no expert in jewellery but Fairina made me feel like every decision I made was the "right" one. And when I finally received the ring it was even better than I had imagined - the craft(woman)ship simply fantastic. Fairina also made a video of the making of the ring which was such an awesome bonus. Moreoever I got to choose my girlfriend’s favourite song to play over the top which made it even more special."Raymond LoSingapore
- "Fairina is an amazing jewellery designer who can tailor the designing process to the exact needs of the customer whilst still remaining incredibly creative and innovative. The ring she made for me is a unique piece of jewellery inspired by the Austrian architect Hundertwasser, though many see the resemblance of Mondrian which makes it not only wearable, but moreover an artwork."Jana TanaskovskaSydney, Australia
- "Dave and I are so happy with our wedding bands, and designing them with Fairina has been a highlight of the wedding process. When thinking about our wedding bands, Dave and I had a few ideas but also no clue! Fairina listened to and helped refine all our ideas, and kept us updated with each stage. She created the perfect band to match my engagement ring, and we enjoyed adding in our own touches to make our rings unique, and feel like "us". Only 6 more Mondays until we can finally wear them"Mia StewartSydney, Australia
Book a personalized phone consultation and we’ll talk through your ideas and answer your questions. Jewellery consultations are a great way to get a feel of what inspires you and establish a direction for your special piece. Click below to reserve your spot!