This is your chance to create something special
A Fairina Cheng ring is for those who want more than a flashy piece of bling on their finger. We specialise in alternative engagement rings for those who value the stories behind their jewellery just as much as the sparkle of a hand-selected gem.
A Fairina Cheng piece is for you if you want a commitment ring that tells your shared story, in the way that only you can tell it.
We’re for those who forge their own path and don’t care about other people’s “perfect”.
We don’t believe that the value of your ring is defined by diamond size and dollars. We believe in standing out, not following the crowd. So if you want something unconventional, quirky and wildly different, we’ll be the first to say “go for it”!
The custom jewels we love to create are delightfully bold and intensely personal. They may not be what everyone else expects. But they’re authentic and meaningful and that’s all that matters!
Book your free consult to see how you can turn your ideas into a story-worthy bespoke engagement ring.BOOK YOUR FREE ENGAGEMENT RING CONSULT
Looking to propose without spoiling the surprise?
Check out our top tips for planning an amazing secret proposal!
Designing an engagement ring: Where the @#$% do I start!
So you’ve decided to propose. But when it comes to next steps, there seem to be too many to count! Here’s how you can break the rules and create a custom engagement ring that was designed by you, for no one else but her. Read the full story.
How to find her ring size (without spoiling the big surprise)
One of the most common issues I’m faced with when designing an engagement ring is finding the ring size without giving away the upcoming proposal! Don’t worry, it’s possible. And this is how. Read the full story.
Book a personalised phone consult and we’ll talk through your ideas and answer your questions. Jewellery consults are a great way to get a feel of what inspires you and establish a direction for your engagement ring or wedding band. Click below to reserve your spot!
Your ring design may be inspired by a moment in your shared history. Or have a hidden feature that only you know about. Whatever that may be, it will tell a unique story that you and your partner can call yours.
She said yep!
The best part about being a jeweller is the super cool, ultra chill people I get to design for! Meet Luke and Alicia, whose story makes me smile every time I read it. This is how their desire to one-up each other ended with them celebrating their engagement atop a Hawaiian volcano. Read the full story.
A truly unique engagement ring
Jana wasn’t interested in the traditional bling and wasn’t looking to flaunt a flashy solitaire. Instead, she wanted an unconventional engagement ring that was uniquely hers, inspired by the works of her favourite Austrian artist, Friedensreich Hundertwasser. Read the full story.
A ring with a fishy little secret
Tom was looking for a handmade ring and his requirements were pretty flexible. It should be in white gold, the stone should be green… oh and “can you put a fish on it?”. This project sparked the story of The Fish Ring, one of our favourite untraditional engagement ring designs. Read the full story.
- "Fairina offered superb customer service and design skills that were second to none. She helped me through a number of design iterations, taking my abstract concepts and words and creating something beautiful and everlasting. We could not be more happy with the end product, which will be treasured forever."Brendan RigbyMelbourne, Australia
- "Dave and I are so happy with our wedding bands, and designing them with Fairina has been a highlight of the wedding process. When thinking about our wedding bands, Dave and I had a few ideas but also no clue! Fairina listened to and helped refine all our ideas, and kept us updated with each stage. She created the perfect band to match my engagement ring, and we enjoyed adding in our own touches to make our rings unique, and feel like "us". Only 6 more Mondays until we can finally wear them"Mia StewartSydney, Australia
- "When Tom asked for a ring he couldn’t have imagined how well Fairina would have interpreted his idea. It was much better than he had imagined. It was creative yet a subtle design that matched my personality and taste to a t. I love wearing it and get comments all the time about its amazing design. Thanks so much for the ring that suits us and will be part of our story forever xxxxx.”Claudia CowellSydney, Australia
- "Someone like Ali couldn’t have an off the shelf engagement ring. You were amazing and we ended up getting everything we could have possibly imagined. She loves the ring. She’s showed pretty much every person she’s seen ranging from our close friends and family, to the camping ground operator in the Hunter Valley. She’s still showing everyone and reading the little story to them and showing them the pages now, two weeks on. Everyone loves it and can’t believe how much thought and effort and design went into it.”Dan NorrisGold Coast, Australia
- "I came to Fairina with my mother's old diamond ring with dreams of transforming it into a new engagement ring. Fairina turned my broad thoughts into an elegant, creative and personal design. She was responsive at answering my questions and kept me updated with each step of the ring crafting process. My partner and I are ecstatic about the ring - it's beautiful, made with love and is more special than anything we could have bought at a store. Fairina turned my broad thoughts into an elegant, creative and personal design. We really enjoyed being able to see the process from start to finish, which I knew nothing about before."Olivia LoweSydney, Australia
- "Fairina is an amazing jewellery designer who can tailor the designing process to the exact needs of the customer whilst still remaining incredibly creative and innovative. The ring she made for me is a unique piece of jewellery inspired by the Austrian architect Hundertwasser, though many see the resemblance of Mondrian which makes it not only wearable, but moreover an artwork."Jana TanaskovskaSydney, Australia
Book a personalised phone consult and we’ll talk through your ideas and answer your questions. Custom jewellery consults are a great way to get a feel of what inspires you and establish a direction for your engagement ring design. Click below to reserve your spot!