A Sydney jewellery designer who breaks all the rules
Hi, I’m Fairina!
You’re here because you’re sick of seeing the same old jewellery on department store shelves. Because you aren’t satisfied with stock-standard, mass-market accessories. And because you recognise that the world is lacking bold, story-worthy jewellery.
I’m here to create striking designs for fiercely independent individuals who don’t care about other people’s “perfect”.
It’s lovely to meet you.
In jewellery – just as in life – there are no rules. I am an independent designer who is passionate about creating bold keepsakes and unconventional jewels that are completely your own.
Or visit the shop for distinctly different, ready-made jewels.BOOK YOUR CUSTOM JEWELLERY CONSULT
I’m here to say what you probably already know.
Wearing the same old jewellery as thousands of people before you (and thousands to come) is just plain dull. So yes, it’s ok (and highly recommended) to break the rules.
Jewellery should be about so much more than diamond size and dollars.
I love working with rule breakers and story makers: those who forge their own path and don’t care about other people’s “perfect”.
You’ll never hear me say that a piece of jewellery has to look a certain way or has to feature a diamond. In fact, non-diamond engagement rings are my jam!
This jewellery is for you if you cringe at the thought of stepping into a high street jewellery store, if your eyes glaze over at the mention of the “4 C’s of diamonds” and if you want an authentic, meaningful piece that truly captures who you are.BOOK YOUR CUSTOM JEWELLERY CONSULT
Believe it or not, I never really liked jewellery growing up. The jewellery that I saw in shops, and the rules I heard about engagement rings made me cringe. You know the ones:
- That an engagement ring always has to have a diamond
- That a bigger stone is always better
- That it should cost the proposer (generally assumed to be a man in a relationship that’s generally assumed to be heterosexual) three months’ salary
None of it felt right. And to be honest, fancy jewellery stores intimidated me. So I created something different!
Want to chat rule breaking, story making jewellery? Book a call to start the conversation.BOOK YOUR CUSTOM JEWELLERY CONSULT
- Amazing experience with Fairina. Everything went smoothly despite me living in a different city. During the Initial phone consult Fairina listened to my ideas and gave suggestions. During the whole process I got regular updates and photographs of the progress of my necklace. And finally my necklace turned out even better than I’d hoped. Highly recommend!!!Julius ElliottMelbourne, Australia
- As an avid jewellery collector, Fairina Cheng is one of my favourite designers who has helped me create a number of unique OOAK pieces. She fully understands your design brief, the style you're after and comes up with a design better than you'd imagined. What I love about Fairina's rings is that they are the most comfortable rings to wear. I've contacted Fairina a few times now whenever I wanted a custom designed jewellery piece. Knowing that she has a creative flair, great attention to detail and always sourcing beautiful gems, I know I can trust her with my custom ring and earrings. My hexagon/square ring with Oregon sunstone has the most unique mix of red and blue, sits comfortably on my finger and has received so many comments from passerbys. My moonstone earrings have the brightest blue flash and are one of the sweetest pair of earrings I own. Thank you for everything!Charlene BennettsSydney, Australia
- Exquisite work and a wonderful person to boot. I've got a few Fairina Cheng pieces, both custom and items from her shop, and each piece has been crafted with such love and care that you can feel it when you wear it. The pieces I have makes me feel more beautiful when I wear them and my rings in particular feel like they have become a part of me. Should you make the plunge and get something custom, Fairina will definitely take care of you. No question goes unanswered, pricing and timelines will be communicated perfectly and your dream piece will become a reality. I can't wait for another reason for some beautiful jewellery.Eva BahasSydney, Australia
- My partner and I were looking for something unique and special when searching for an engagement ring as all couples do. We happened upon Fairina on a Google search and LOVED her work immediately. Fairina was patient and encouraging and made the experience of designing something so much more comfortable than I had ever imagined. She has fantastic vision and is just delightful to talk with. The ring she created is the single most stunning piece of jewellery and everytime I look at it I see her meticulous precision and love of her craft. I am beyond happy. Thanks so much Fairina. You are a star.Rochelle PittsKinglake, Australia
- Finding a jeweller and a designer can be intimidating. I am so pleased I found Fairina. I had so much fun imagining and brainstorming jewellery with Fairina. She is creative, honest and generous with her knowledge of jewellery design and making. I can’t recommend her enough to help you with your special piece. An absolute pleasure to deal with. My ring design was sentimental and personal and turned out perfectly. Wonderful design and stunning quality.Megan BurkeSydney, Australia
- I've had two pieces made by Fairina (a ring for myself and a necklace for my sister) and both experiences were excellent. I couldn't recommend her highly enough! Fairina's work and knowledge of jewellery design is vast, and her creativity is second to none. She is so much more than your average jeweller on the high street and that's was attracted me to her services in the first place. I didn't have much of an idea of what I wanted at the start but Fairina was able to gently guide me towards my dream bespoke pieces. I will definitely be using her again!Deborah FrenchSydney, Australia
Australian made jewellery with stories to tell. Read some of our favourite tales here.
In mum’s loving memory
Charlene lives by the motto that “life’s too short”. It’s a motto she learned from her mum who sadly passed in 2019 after fighting stage 4 ovarian cancer. In mum’s memory, we combined gems from 7 pieces of jewellery Charlene inherited to create this modern heirloom ring.
An Icelandic elopement
This is the story of how Dina and Rob eloped to Iceland and got married, with an Icelandic poet as a celebrant and a Schnauzer as their witness.
Small is the new big
Luxe white weddings with six-figure budgets are making way for low-digit guest lists and intimate ceremonies. We call it the “micro wedding”. Kat and Tarquin tell us how they tied the knot in Vegas with 18 of their closest friends and family.