A Sydney jewellery designer who breaks all the rules
You’re here because you’re sick of seeing the same old jewellery on department store shelves. Because you aren’t satisfied with stock-standard, mass-market accessories. And because you recognise that the world is lacking bold, story-worthy jewellery.
We’re here to create striking designs for fiercely independent individuals who don’t care about other people’s “perfect”.
It’s lovely to meet you.
We believe that in jewellery – just as in life – there are no rules. Fairina is an independent designer who is passionate about creating bold keepsakes and unconventional jewels that are completely your own.BOOK YOUR CUSTOM JEWELLERY CONSULT
Australian made jewellery with stories to tell. Read some of our favourite tales here.
In mum’s loving memory
Charlene lives by the motto that “life’s too short”. It’s a motto she learned from her mum who sadly passed in 2019 after fighting stage 4 ovarian cancer. In mum’s memory, we combined gems from 7 pieces of jewellery Charlene inherited to create this modern heirloom ring.
An Icelandic elopement
This is the story of how Dina and Rob eloped to Iceland and got married, with an Icelandic poet as a celebrant and a Schnauzer as their witness.
Small is the new big
Luxe white weddings with six-figure budgets are making way for low-digit guest lists and intimate ceremonies. We call it the “micro wedding”. Kat and Tarquin tell us how they tied the knot in Vegas with 18 of their closest friends and family.
- "I was totally delighted to receive my stainless mesh earrings in the post. They are exactly what I was looking for and along with my earlier purchase of the most delicious orange garnet ring, they attract admiration whenever I wear them. Most recently coming through customs in Argentina the border control officer insisted I take them off so she could look at them more closely!"Victoria KeesingSydney, Australia
- "We wanted to do something really special, and with a little help from Fairina, we managed to create the best birthday celebration our mother could imagine. She absolutely adores her new ring, and she is already thinking about getting matching pieces. I strongly recommend Fairina to others considering one of a kind jewellery. The service is impeccable and you get to be a part of the design process – not that you need to, Fairina manages excellent on her own."Ane-Ingeborg Bakken SimsoBergen, Norway
- "When Tom asked for a ring he couldn’t have imagined how well Fairina would have interpreted his idea. It was much better than he had imagined. It was creative yet a subtle design that matched my personality and taste to a t. I love wearing it and get comments all the time about its amazing design. Thanks so much for the ring that suits us and will be part of our story forever xxxxx.”Claudia CowellSydney, Australia
- "I've contacted Fairina a few times now whenever I wanted a custom designed jewellery piece. Knowing that she has a creative flair, great attention to detail and always sourcing beautiful gems, I know I can trust her with my custom ring and earrings. My hexagon/square ring with Oregon sunstone has the most unique mix of red and blue, sits comfortably on my finger and has received so many comments from passerbys. My moonstone earrings have the brightest blue flash and are one of the sweetest pair of earrings I own. Thank you for everything!"Charlene CanningSydney, Australia
- "Fairina is an amazing jewellery designer who can tailor the designing process to the exact needs of the customer whilst still remaining incredibly creative and innovative. The ring she made for me is a unique piece of jewellery inspired by the Austrian architect Hundertwasser, though many see the resemblance of Mondrian which makes it not only wearable, but moreover an artwork."Jana TanaskovskaSydney, Australia
- "When I found out my best friend would be moving to the other side of the world, I knew I had to give her something memorable and symbolic of the amazing friendship we share. That's when I remembered Fairina and I instantly thought that it would be awesome to give my best friend a friendship interlocked rings necklace. But Fairina made it even better and suggested making it wearable either on the fingers or around the neck. Fairina was quick at responding, kept me updated throughout the process and has a keen eye for detail. The ring/necklace combo looks simple and elegant, and feels great to wear! I would highly recommend Fairina for any special occasion you have coming up."Emily YapSydney, Australia
- I was looking for a moonstone bracelet. I found Fairina on Etsy and the reviews were fantastic so I sent an e-mail. Not really expecting an answer. Imagine my surprise when I instantly got a reply back. Right then and there a fantastic journey began. To be a part of the process from beginning to end is amazing. I got regular updates on the progress. Pictures, videos and also sneak peeks on Facebook and Instagram. It doesn't get more exciting than that! Like a little child waiting for Santa Claus 😉 The delivery to Sweden was fast and the bracelet....the bracelet is breathtaking. Perfectly handcrafted, beautiful, delicate and precious. I love it! Thanks Fairina!Camilla BengtssonHöllviken, Sweden
Jewellery is so much more personal than the 4 C’s of diamonds.
We’re unconcerned about diamond size and dollars and believe that the story behind your jewellery is just as important as the piece itself. The result is contemporary engagement rings, modern wedding bands and statement everyday jewellery with authenticity and meaning.
We’re for those who forge their own path and don’t care about other people’s “perfect”.BOOK YOUR CUSTOM JEWELLERY CONSULT
About Fairina Cheng
Fairina had always admired people who could work with their hands. But she never thought that she would be one of them.
She graduated from university and entered the corporate world – meetings, deadlines, early starts and late nights. But an offhand decision to take an evening jewellery course sparked a lightbulb moment that changed everything.
Fairina picked up her first jewellers’ saw in a small Sydney workshop, and fell in love. After just one week, she had made a commitment to pursue jewellery design as a career.
But this is not a stock standard jewellery label. And Fairina is not a stock standard jewellery designer.
With qualifications in both jewellery design and manufacture, Fairina combines creative skills and technical knowhow to create jewellery that is well-made, with a twist of something special.
Create a piece of designer jewellery that tells your story.BOOK YOUR CUSTOM JEWELLERY CONSULT
Fill in this form and we’ll be in touch, usually within a few hours!