Custom order: Gemstone wedding band
Having your wedding band custom made puts you in the designer’s seat. Go classic and elegant, bold and blingy or create something completely different. Together, we’ll make sure you get a once-in-a-lifetime wedding ring worth celebrating.
Where do I start?
Click the Enquire Now button below or book a call to start the conversation. If relevant, send through:
- A photo of the engagement ring you would like to wear the wedding band with
- Inspiration photos
- Any ideas or details you want included in your ring
If you don’t know where to start, that’s fine too! We’re just as comfortable working to a brief as we are with a blank slate. Click the Enquire Now button below or book a call to discuss your wedding ring.
Depending on the design, custom wedding bands generally take 2 to 6 weeks to complete from the time the order is confirmed with a 50% deposit. During this time, Fairina will work closely with you to design your special piece.
© Fairina Cheng
Going custom for your wedding band means you get the perfect piece, every time.
As a general rule, a wedding band is usually made in the same metal, to the same dimensions and with any diamonds set in the same style as its matching engagement ring. Having your ring custom made means that each of these details can be matched for a perfect fit.
At the same time, we don’t always follow the rules! Maybe you have an engagement ring that’s a little untraditional, or doesn’t fit a standard straight band. Perhaps you want to add some colour or to incorporate your story as a couple. Here are a few ways you can customise your wedding ring to create a keepsake that’s completely personalised:
- Mix your metals: Your wedding band doesn’t have to be the same colour as your engagement ring. Consider different combinations like a white gold engagement ring against a rose gold wedding band.
- Play with shape: Rings don’t always have to be straight. V shaped or other fitted designs are an alternative to the traditional band. These work well for engagement rings that don’t have space under the setting for a straight ring to sit.
- Add colour: Colourful gems can take a wedding ring from standard to statement. Consider aquamarines or pale pink sapphires for subtle flushes of colour, or turn up the heat with smoky black diamonds for a bold, edgy look. If you’re stuck for choice, birthstones can be a great start.
- Engrave hidden messages: Dates, symbols and significant phrases can be engraved on the inside (or outside) of the ring. They are a great way to turn a simple design into something intensely meaningful.
- Stack your rings: Why have one when you can have two! Design your wedding bands to stack to add an interesting twist to the traditional engagement ring set.
How does the custom design process work?
There are three highly personalised steps to creating your special piece.
- Discuss: First, we chat by phone, email or in person to work out what kind of gem works best for you. At this stage, most people have no idea what they want, and that’s completely normal! It only takes a short conversation to establish a direction and work out the design that suits you best.
- Design: Based on our discussion, we present you with a curated selection of gems to choose from. We also advise what kind of gem best suits you, your lifestyle and your budget.
- Create: This is the exciting part. Through behind-the-scenes photos and frequent updates from the studio, you’ll get a rarely seen insight into how your ring comes to life. This also means that you are kept involved at each step so there are no unwanted surprises along the way.
Click the Enquire Now button or book a call to discuss your ring.
|Dimensions||55 × 45 × 35 mm|